03 March 2010

A prayer for today

Let not those rejoice over me who are wrongfully my foes,
  and let not those wink the eye who hate me without cause.
For they do not speak peace, but against those who are quiet in the land they devise words of deceit.
They open wide their mouths against me;
  they say, "Aha, Aha! our eyes have seen it!"
You have seen, O LORD; be not silent!
  O Lord, be not far from me
Awake and rouse yourself for my vindication,
  for my cause, my God and my Lord!
Vindicate me, O LORD, my God, according to your righteousness,
  and let them not rejoice over me!
Let them not say in their hearts,
  "Aha, our heart's desire!"
  Let them not say, "We have swallowed him up."
Let them be put to shame and disappointed altogether who rejoice at my calamity!
Let them be clothed with shame and dishonor
  who magnify themselves against me!
Let those who delight in my righteousness shout for joiy and be gad and say evermore,
  "Great is the LORD who delights in the welfare of his servant!"
Then my tongue shall tell of your righteousness
  and of your praise all the day long.

-King David
  Psalms 35:19-28

1 comment:

  1. dats nice :)

    i have a blog post about the power of God's love .. plz be kind to visit my page and see that blog. i am sure u will like it :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...