Meet our sweet Baby Shupe! I was shocked how clear this little one’s face appeared when the tech offered to try a 3D image. What a beautiful sneak peek.
24 September 2016
Hymn study has long been a frustration for me in doing as part of school. Lately we've been listening to the first two sections of Simply Charlotte Mason's Hymn Study book in the morning during chores. We listen off of YouTube and I try to keep a verse to find on our whiteboard. The boys like trying to find it first, and the lyrics are so encouraging. Can you name this hymn? ;)
17 September 2016
06 September 2016
Woke up to three new little calves outside my window this morning.
This little one loves animals a heap. Sounded just like a chicken when he called by them today!
The hens come running when Abraham bikes to them. They love their scrap man.
Just next to our chooks. Open space needs protecting in this family, too. Time to breathe in His huge Creation and give each other room to run.
The heavens declare the glory of God...
03 September 2016
Last Sunday a guest pastor at church mentioned how desperate faith will take desperate action. The idea of quitting Facebook has been rolling around my mind for awhile, but that night it seemed confirmed in my heart. I'm sensing for me (Angela) and my family it is not a good fit right now. Here a few reasons as I process this myself:
- It's too consuming, and I find myself wasting time on it. Time is a gift, I don't want to waste it.
- It's addictive. I don't need unhealthy addictions, my brain's foggy enough! :)
- I'm highly disturbed by the recent discovery that FB suggests porn as links that people might like. That makes me mad.
- I miss reading books. I find the digital pull strong enough without another site pulling my noggin away from cracking open a book.
What will I miss? I've thought about this one a bit...
- Pictures of family and friends and their babes, their adventures, and their quick notes of hello...
- Homeschool support groups
How can I remedy this?
- I can't really. Please send me pictures of your new babies!!!! Sign up for Whatsapp, pretty please? :)
- I can talk to other homeschoolers in real life for support. All right, all right. Sounds reasonable.
Am I excited?
- Yes, it's time for some good discipline.
- Yes, hoping to pump out some reading lists and enjoy many stories!
- Yes, hoping for a less foggy brain.
- Yes, because I actually miss blogging and typing out my thoughts.
- Yes, because I hope to look less at screens, have my children see less of me looking at screens, and I hope to be more intentional in being with them fully.