30 March 2009

Ha! You thought we meant soon, U.S. time!



So, we said we would update soon, well that is sort of a relative term I guess around here. We have been insanely busy. And have been enjoying it, mostly. The beloved A has been working feverishly during nap times and late at night doing continuing education stuff to maintain her Nursing certification so that she never has to take the dreaded NCLEX again. No plans of working, just figures her license may come in handy someday. Between that and all that is included in Shepherding our dear child's heart moment by moment, her newly found love for making some stinkin awesome yogurt and cottage cheese, and being an incredible wife, all on top of reintegrating ourselves into this way of life...oh yeah and finishing up taxes........ she has been joyfully busy. I jumped back in full blast to calving season. Right now we are calving a large portion of our diary herd, and it just takes a lot of time: milking fresh cows, feeding fresh calves, keeping an eye on cows that are heavy with calf, and an even closer eye on those that have just recently calved, all this on top of the other normal stuff on our farm has kept me from getting 12 hours of sleep most nights:). In reality, I got 10 hours of sleep last night! AMAZING! A. thinks I got too much sleep and that it will make me tired, however, I am pretty sure it will be okay. I have been under the Phlegm Hacking cloud for the last three weeks, and still have a very strained voice, although it is getting much better. (Unless of course you are one of the many people in this world that like it better when I can't talk:)) If you have heard the vicious rumor around that you can now generally hear me from a distance somewhat greater than 5 feet, it is true!!!!!
So, sorry we have been somewhat delinquent on keeping you updated, and still have not shared much from Guinea, but just make sure you don't hold your breath, it will be forthcoming forthrightly.
PS. Lu, you can now stop calling our blog moldy!:)

1 comment:

  1. Whose car is that? And a paved road! Is someone moving? Nice to be updated a bit. Beautiful picture of the woman carrying the buckets on her head! Guess I am glad I don't live there after all! Love, MOM :)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...