25 February 2010

A Front

It snowed.  It blew.  A front came and left.  But it was only a front, it only put up  a front. By the looks a rather large storm, doors even filled with snow.    It was a nothing front.

Full of disappointment.  Putting on a show, a start, but failing in the end.  Lacking in substance.  But then I am talking of my heart.  Good intentions turned sour by lack of perseverance.  Good intentions turn sour by a sin racked soul.

Be strong in the Lord, and in the Strength of His might.  Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the evil schemes of the Devil.
-Ephesians 6:10,11

How often must I be reminded to be strong in His strength, and not strive in my own.  To lay my burdens at His feet.

And yet this is the hope that we have-

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us
-Romans 5:8

Lent helps us remember what Christ came for.  We couldn't save ourselves.  We can't and couldn't live up to the righteous requirements of the law.  We don't, I don't.  I fail.  Just as the storm.  I am utter disappointment. I put up a front, but the substance is lacking.  But because of this Christ is all the more precious.  That he would chose, adopt, call, elect, make his own, me.  Someone who continually shows contempt for THE TREASURE, instead preferring swine slop.

We are reading 1 Kings as a family right now.  I love it for God's clear display of what he requires, and my/our/their/all humans display of utter inability to be faithful if left to ourselves and the law.  What a mercy that Christ has given us his Holy Spirit, that he died for us, that he, the ALL-POWERFUL God is 100% for us, and is indwelling in us and empowering us, has paid the price by his perfect death.

Lent is a time of preparation for Christ's dying for us, and rising again to new life.  Let us celebrate together by walking the Calvary road, by following Christ outside the gate, and up the hill.  Dying to self, that He might shine through... not trying to prove anything by works, rather following Him in faith wherever He might lead...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Note for the Shire...