11 December 2006

Who is this hopeful BAD man?

Check out this video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhLCus0tsmw

This is too funny to me!! I love it. John Piper is one of the pastors of the church my friend Blake attends. I found this video while listening to a podcast from Louie Giglio on the upcoming Passion '07 conference.

It has been my experience that the greater the understanding of the fact that I am sinful, the greater the Glory of God has been revealed in my life. If only we could understand as Paul the apostle said "I am the greatest of sinners", oh how we could rest in the arms of Christ, and begin to understand the compassion of Christ and the matchless love He has for us. It is in the times of greatest understanding of this that I have had the greatest times with Christ, and have begun to feel/see just how all sufficient God really is!........


Ecclesiastes 7:20- Surely there is not a righteous man on earth who does good and never sins.

Luke 18:19- And Jesus said to him "Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone."

Isaiah 64:6 -...our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment...

Romans 3:10-12,23- as it is written: "None is righteous, no, not one; no one understands, no one seeks for God. All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one... For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

1 John 1:8 "If we claim to be without sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Note for the Shire...