31 May 2014

Shop Class and Vocabulary at the same time

So, yesterday was fix it day.  And I learned some new vocabulary at the same time (some over the last couple weeks).
So I was dumping feed with the Giltrop Feed Wagon and whole apron chain came apart.  (This would be the part that moves the feed forward to unload out of the wagon, for the unexperienced).  In the process we found some broken welds and fixed the quick hitch to the tractor.  All of the pins had a ton of slop in them, so I welded them to the frame.
Anyway, in the process I had the entertainment of figuring out some new vocab words.  Here is the trivia for the day! What pictures go with the names?



A.

B.

C.


D.


E.


F.




G.



H.

I.

Silage Grab
Spanner
Stiltson
Wartyre
Coach Bolt
Allen Keys
Lead
Standard
Crash Helmet
Brilliant Mountain

Don't be shy ;)....

4 comments:

  1. A. Lead
    B. Brilliant Mountain
    C. Standard
    D. Crash Helmet
    E. Wartyre (Guess- Pig tail Wart Hog ??)
    F. Stiltson wrench
    G. Spanner
    H. Carriange Bolt - We call them that here too.
    I. Allen Keys

    I figured a Standard had to be a post. The Wartyre didn't make a lot of sense except that warthogs have pig tails like this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I recognized the mountain and the helmet. So I only got two. It was fun to try though.

    Love,
    Mom Lang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets see how my memory is!

    The first picture is of a feedout wagon.
    A. Lead
    B. Brilliant Mountain
    C. Wartyre
    D. Crash Helmet
    E. Standard
    F. Stiltson
    G. Spanner
    H. Coach Bolt
    I. Allen Keys

    I think I got them all right. Does that mean I win a trip for me and my family to come see you guys?

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Cow man Windemuller wins the prize for them all correct (here we don't say "right" because then they would drive on the wrong side of the road ;P ). So yes you win the right to take a trip to come visit us :)! Stay tuned for more vocab quizzes...

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...