21 October 2013

Sweet Mercy

We are so blessed to have welcomed our little girl, sweet Mercy Éowyn Shupe into the world early yesterday morning. A girl!?! Yes, what a wild adventure we feel we've begun! Daddy and our midwife caught this sweet bundle at 3:00 am, our 9lb 3oz, 21in ball of joy!
Ohhh, Mercy!


Our courageous little mouse Peepiceek is here!
These boys are in love!


We told the boys they have a big job...that God has called them to protect and watch out for their sister. Abraham asked what that meant. We explained that if some schmuck tries to give her trouble they would need to protect her. Abraham responded, "I would hit him with a bat." Enoch said, "put him outside, bottombutter?" Yes boys, something like that. :)

6 comments:

  1. Oh, my! I obviously have NOT been keeping up with your blog! Congratulations!!! Your "big brother" job description reminds me of a video we have of Lincoln shortly after Lucy was born. We asked him what his job was, and he said, "To protect my sissy and keep her safe. I'm going to be a cheetah and bite if people are mean." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elizabeth Horton5:59 pm

    What a sweetheart! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, great to see some pictures of Mercy, I was looking forward to seeing them. Those comments by Abraham and Enoch are pretty sweet too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luann Lytell1:38 pm

    She's beautiful! Congrats! Glad to have another cousin in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How Amazing! She is so beautiful! We were just sitting at the supper table and God just put you on my heart. I all of a sudden realized it's November! The Shupes were due in October! So I got up and left the table checked the blog and we had to all stop eating and ooo and ahh over your new little girl!!! Bless you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very belated thanks, everybody!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...