Weekend of extremes has passed by. Following a week of struggle.
Focus askew? Heart a definite mess.
This weekend we were blessed to be visited by someone who over the while, has taught us the Gospel seemingly afresh.
A reflection of what a thankful heart of humility looks like. A fellow farming family. Bringing an instant bond as we are so few. Those of us raising families as we wrestle with spoken curse on Adam. Those of us struggling to make ends meet as we tend the garden and all of its varied life.
...cursed is the ground because of you; in pain you shall eat of it all the days of your life; thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for you; and you shall eat the plants of the field. By the sweat of your face you shall eat bread until you return to the ground... -Genesis 3
The parenting conference focused to help us lead our children, by God's power, to the cross. Our wonderful visitor did just that.
Sunday morning was a hurricane. Cows don't wait for non-sabbath days to get sick.
Yesterday's sermon, and our friend's post today from Teren, and long conversations have reminded me of grace. What true thankfulness is. And how the Gospel kills anger that leads to sin.
So today we move onward toward our first 1000 Christ-exulting thankyous.
250. That God heals even when we are inept at treating.
251. For multiple gates smashing fingers within moments.
252. For a tongue that is wiped by the heart.
253. Through the mire of mouth overflow we can see we have a sick heart.
254. IV's that repeatedly blow. Christ tearing open callouses letting his light into an infected heart that has a vile ongoing adulterous affair with that adulterous harlot know as self/pride.
255. Employees that struggle with sin the same as me.
256. Employees that are gracious and forgiving.
257. That in the new earth there will be no sin and suffering, no weeds, smashed fingers, milk fever, ketosis, death, or strife.
258. Canadian farm families.
259. Christian Parenting Day
260. a wife who is soooo long suffering
261. rare sites like mating snapping turtles (not pictured above ;) )
263. A son who likes saving dung beetles from the waterer.
264. Shoddy weekend internet service.
Click on the banner below to read of others thanking God in the Gratitude Community...