07 April 2010

Early Morning


Early morning is upon us again.Sun shines bright not yet on these shores.
Only darkness.
And I feel it again in my soul.
The struggle.
The call of warm sheets and pillow.
But Christ beckens "Come fellowship with me"
My flesh rebels, weary, exhausted.
It reasons-
The days have been very long of late.
And I am in the throws,
What is my treasure?
From where does my strength come?
My Gethsemane...
Christ's words cut to the quick...
"Could you not watch one hour?
Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation.
The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak."
I need help!
The psalms?
Not today.


The Life Look
"O God,
I bless thee for the happy moment
when I first saw thy law fulfilled in Christ,
wrath appeased, death destroyed, sin forgiven, my soul saved.
Ever since, thou hast been faithful to me;
daily have I proved the power of Jesus' blood,
daily have I known the strength of the Spirit,
my teacher, director, sanctifier.

I want no other rock to build uon than that I have,
desire no other hope than that of gospel truth,
need no other look than that which gazes on the cross.

Forgive me if I have tried to add anything to the one foundation,
if I have unconsciously reiled upon my knowledge,
experience, deeds, and not seen them as filthy rags,
if I have attempted to complete what is perfect in Christ;
May my cry be always, Only Jesus! only Jesus!

In him is freedom from condemnation,
fullness in his righteousness,
eternal vitality in his given life,
indissoluble union in fellowship with him;
In him I have al that I can hold;
enlarge me to take in more.

If I backslide,
let me like Peter weep bitterly and return to him;
If I am tempted, and have no wit,
give me strength enough to rust in him;
If I am weak,
may I faint upon his bosom of eternal love;
If in extremity,
let me feel that he can deliver me;
If driven to the verge of hope and to the pit of despair,
grant me grace to fall into his arms.

O God, hear me, do for me more
than I ask, think, or dream."
from The Valley of Vision



The battle rages on.
But I am not without Christ's help...









holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Came by your blog and enjoyed the layout and content.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...