10 March 2010

Keep me from idols

My heart burns with hatred! Oh Lord!
Not of you and your magnificence.
Hatred of Sin!

The fear of the Lord is hatred of evil
Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate.  
Proverbs 8:13

With you there is only light,
with you only pure holiness and justice.
You can abide no evil.
You rage at unjust scales.
Your wrath is made ready,
the bowl about to pour,
man's sins about to receive rightful response.
The thrusting out into thick darkness,
distress and darkness,
the worm that never dies,
the fire forever full of lust.

Make ready your Glory Oh Lord!
Make it known through out the earth!
Who is holy, who is righteous!
The Lord Great and Mighty!
Mighty to save....
The Lord who holds out his hand of redemption.
The Lord who alone changes hearts.
The Lord the Savior of the lost.

The heart is an idol factory.
You give good gifts. 
Let not them be gods to me.
Let not my trust be in them.
Only let me be secure in you.
Only let me be strong in your might.
Only let me glory in your power.
Only let me find hope in you.
For only you are secure.
Only you are strong.
Only All things are from you
Only All things are  through you
Only All things are to you
All glory be to you oh Lord! Romans 11:36

Jesus, Oh Lord most Joyous! 
Be more beautiful to my imagination,
Be more attractive to my heart,
than any idol!
Let me not leave the giver to embrace the gift!
With your plentiful redemption there is abundant joy!
Though struggle comes,
though hardship is emminent,
though my wisdom will fail,
though my strength will give in the moment I need most,
we hope in you, 
for at this moment you and your grace shine all the brighter!
Then it is evident that you have held me all along.  

Strip me bare of idols Lord.
Use me to expose those of my culture.
Teach me to hate sin in my heart.
To hate sin around me as you hate it.
To hate sin with a love that reflects your love of your Glory!
Your love of your creation undistorted, 
your mercy on creation distorted.

Root out my idols.
Dig deep. 
Plow hard.
Remove all roots.
Replace all with Love for you that they may not return.
Increase my affections for you.

The Lord of Hosts, him you shall honor as holy.
Let him be your fear, and let him be your dread.
And he will become a sanctuary and a stone of offense
and a rock of stumbling...
The people who walked in darkness have seen a great light;
...you have increased its joy;
they rejoice before you...
For to us a child is born, 
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Of the increase of his government and of peace there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the LORD of hosts will do this.
Isaiah 8-9

Keep us from idols.
Keep me from idols.
Do your work.
In my solitude, let it be you and you alone.
Let me not inwardly establish myself as "saviour"
Only you Lord! Only Jesus has satisfied Your righteous
requirement.
Only Jesus!
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Note for the Shire...