The smell of spring is strong in the air. But it is a passing illusion. And my soul longs to drink from the river of God's delights. Strong is the drink , and I struggle with the dregs. How often must my pride be crushed. How often must I play the role of impassioned prophet only to hear the words crash upon my own heart. The God's gracious wild surf eroding my island. My Pride. My graniteous self-love. Come wild storms. Though I fear them, yet will I hope in You my God. You are my rock. I trade in my sand stone, which I oft fear is granite, for that which can not be eroded.
Have mercy on me, O God, according to your steadfast love; according to your abundant mercy blot out my transgressions. Wash me thoroughly from my iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin!
For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean; wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow. Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones that you have broken rejoice.
Hide your face from my sins, and blot out all my iniquities. Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. Cast me not away from your presence, and take not your Holy Spirit from me. Restore to me the joy of your salvation, and uphold me with a willing spirit. Then I will teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you... Psalm 51:1-13
For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my mighty rock, my refuge is God.
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your heart before him; God is a refuge for us.
A thankful week of historical significance to us
73. Closed on this home.
74. Returned from Zambia
75. Wonderful memories of Hawaii
76. Day with Biermas in Tijuana.
77. Arrived in West Africa.
78. Trials of many kinds...James 1:2-4 Count it all Joy
79. The smell of spring even if it is an illusi0n
80. That many have already walked the road "sorrowful yet always rejoicing" that I may be encouraged
81. For men whom have memorized scripture in such a way as to make me weep... take heart... and take heed...
82. A faithful wife whom dares to tread the road with me, speaking life to me both when it is easy and when it is hard
83. A son who is currently obsessed with MAF videos asking to watch them often