17 August 2009

Kmart Double Coupon Savings - Wowzers!!

Total=$25.18
-$19.72 coupons
=$5.46 out of pocket
-$5 rebate (received for buying 4 boxes cereal) to be sent in
=$0.46!!!!
...+a $3 off next purchase over $20 (Catalina coupon) printed with my receipt (which technically would cover the cost of a stamp for the rebate and a gallon+ of gas for the trip).
=Pretty Much Free!!

Let's just say this chica was a little excited!

Here's how I did it:
--Decided to make the most of Kmart's $2 Double Coupon sale this week (through Saturday).
-Visited Money Saving Mom for a list of deals and the rules and also skimmed the links on the bottom of her post.
-Printed off all but two of my coupons online (off of links from MSM site)...thanks, Mom for the other coupon!
-Prayed for wisdom, clarity, good deals, and fun:) (Abraham was a good helper!).
-Picked up Kmart Coupon booklet at front entrance service desk (deodorant coupon was in that one).
-Took list printed off Internet and coupons for what we definitely use and some things we don't with me...this is important, because...
-I had to spend at least $25 for the coupons to be doubled (that's pre-coupon total). So, I ended up buying some lotion I wouldn't usually use, but it helped me get my total up so that everything was basically free!

My goal was to see what I could get for free, especially to stock up on, since we are experimenting with limiting our grocery shopping trip frequency. There really are a lot of other good deals there that we didn't look into!

Too fun! If you have a Kmart nearby that's doubling coupons and try this, please let me know how you do!

Oh, and as if this wasn't exciting enough for our family...we have a badger underneath our deck. Yes, a badger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Note for the Shire...