16 May 2009

Guinea -Part 3

We continue on with life at home as the men are away. The children pick up extra responsibilities - pumping more water, working in the garden...the day nears end. The men call on the satellite phone, they will be home soon. We are relieved, thankful. They arrive home and share of a fire they passed on their drive back. The mountain they had prayed on last week, set ablaze over a thousand feet, a snake-like path of fire where they had been. Thank you Lord for protecting them.



I take Abraham to our home, heat the teapot for bath water and we read a few books. Abraham plays on the ground. I think on an earlier day when a poisonous centipede crawled on the cement floor by our feet, minutes after he had moved from that spot. God gives this mother peace. Thank you for protecting us this day again. Forgive my doubts, Lord, overcome my fears.



Bath is done, little one is sleeping, I rinse out dirty diapers in my three bucket system. I'll spare you the details. I sing He Leadeth Me, somehow it helps with the grittiness of this least favorite job. I can't remember all the words, so I hum. Job soon done, I sit in the quiet living room, grateful for solar powered lights, and type away some thoughts on Brother's borrowed laptop, charged during the day by a solar powered inverter.


Two thoughts I have... First - missionaries need encouragement. We know this so much more deeply now. Many are out on the front lines...they need prayers, they need encouragement. If God has not called us to go...he HAS called us to send. Let us do this enthusiastically!


Secondly, God may call us to suffer - to go to hard places - even to die for him. May we count it all joy . . . May He give us the strength, joy and grace to follow wherever He leads. Behold - he is with us always, to the end of the age...


"For everyone who has been born of God overcomes the world. And this is the victory that has overcome the world - our faith." 1 John 5:7


And Jesus said to them, " All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:19-20

Thank you for reading, friends!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing with us, friends!! Well written, REAL, inspiring, spurring us on to be doers and followers of the living and abiding WORD. All of the promises needed for such a life find their 'Yes' in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for blogging honestly about your time in Guinea. It was encouraging to me as I consider my own enemies of fear and doubt and to surrender each of them to Christ. I have never traveled out of the country since having become a mother, and I have wondered now at how differently I would engage a new culture through the eyes of motherhood. You are so brave and faithful for having gone!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a Note for the Shire...